We are a rapidly growing financial media and services company based in London seeking an enthusiastic and ambitious reporter/journalist to join the dynamic team on our leading investment-focused publication.
This role will be ideal for someone with 1-2 years' experience either in journalism or investments. A passion for breaking news and deep interest in key global investment themes are essential.
The right candidate will have a desire to progress their career quickly and help shape a team.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Producing an exceptional investment news offering for our website and email newsletter
- Producing long-form features and analysis for our investment publication
- Chair and host virtual and live panels, roundtables, webinars and podcasts
- Build strong relationships with senior industry leaders and experts
- Creating content for sister publications and businesses
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Undergraduate degree and outstanding written and oral communication skills, NCTJ qualification preferred but not essential
- A desire to quickly grow into more senior roles such as deputy editor
- An ever-growing passion for news, finance and the global business environment, especially UK company news
- Confidence to present complex investment themes through a wide range of media including Podcasts, virtual events and in-person events
- Outstanding understanding of the financial markets, particularly those popular in the private client industry
- Understanding of the investment industry and ideas for how to reach new users and clients
- An ability to grasp complex issues quickly and explain them in simple, concise language
- A true team player - adaptable and flexible working with team and a self-starter
- Good organisational skills and the ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Exceptional research skills and strong attention to detail
- Strong creativity and ability to produce content that resonates throughout the industry
- Strong knowledge and understanding of SEO
- A strong presence on social media and be familiar with all leading platforms
What you will get:
- Competitive salary and pension scheme
- Outstanding opportunity for fast career progression
- 25 days' holiday per annum (rising one day per annum up to 30 days after five years' service) plus bank holidays
- Cycle-to-work scheme
To be considered for this role, please include a covering letter detailing why you are a good fit for this role as part of your application.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position