Activist Insight is recruiting a Financial Journalist to join its team in Dartford. The successful candidate will be given an opportunity to develop key skills in journalism, including interviewing, breaking news and data analysis. The role will require the candidate to plan and submit story ideas, develop a contact book and chase stories. The role is an excellent opportunity for someone interested in pursuing a career in journalism. The journalist will report directly to the editor-in-chief.
- Produce feature articles for the company’s magazine and bespoke publications.
- Interview investors and professionals with expertise in activist investing.
- Use financial information to analyse public companies.
- Draft press releases using the company’s data.
- Provide quick and clean copy for the company’s newswire service.
- Brief the company’s researchers on current issues in activist investing.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who is keen to write professionally. The role requires the following skills:
- Previous writing experience, a concise and adaptable style and the ability to work to deadline.
- An interest in finance or business news.
- The ability to work successfully within a team.
- The ability to work on your own initiative and under direction from your managers.
- Good personal skills to interact with the rest of the team and a confident telephone manner.
- Some experience conducting interviews is desirable.
- Experience of working with statistics and Microsoft Office
As a globally acknowledged source of insight into shareholder activism, Activist Insight’s digital publications are core resources for financial professionals. The company’s data and commentary are regularly featured in the mainstream press.
How to apply
To proceed with your application please click the "Apply Online" button below.