Our mission is to create investment opportunities that are easy to understand, transparent and that continuously control risk while maintaining market-leading returns that meet client’s investment goals.
We are a team of seasoned professionals, with experience in finance, who advise and provide financing to marketplace and peer-to-peer lending platforms and direct loans. We look to provide everyday investors with the opportunity to take advantage of an offer that was previously available only to institutional and ultra-high net worth investors, and gain attractive returns from as little as £1,000 by purchasing the Basset & Gold Fixed Income Bonds.
We are not a day to day company, we are here to make a difference and to give everyone who comes in touch with the company the best experience possible, both internally and externally. We are looking for people, not employees and we believe that people are all it takes to make a change.
Basset & Gold, a rapidly growing business focusing on investment, market-based & direct-lending, is now seeking to hire a digitally focused, middle-weight financial content writer. The ideal candidate will need to have proven financial content creation experience and will be educated to a degree level or equivalent.
You will have an understanding of the retail investment landscape, both direct and through IFAs & intermediaterries, and the provision of bonds and ISA products. Additionally, the successful applicant would ideally have experience in writing in a number of other areas, including pensioners and pensioner issues, secondary education, the charity and NFP sector, and sports (foot league) and sponsorship.
- Writing and editing digital and print based financial and lifestyle content
- Developing a digital content roadmap for the business, working with the broader organisation to build
- Develop e-content best practice, develop a distribution strategy for digital content (i.e. social media etc).
- The role will focus on content for a retail audience, but will also include some institutional content.
- Quickly picking up and developing the right ‘tone of voice’ for the right audience is of particular importance.
- An understanding of copy development and keyword focus as a tool for improved organic search, SERP and domain authority.
- Proficient at planning and organising your workload effectively to meet required, often conflicting deadlines.
- The ability to work alongside with, brief and manage external stakeholders such as writers and contract journalists.
- Be able to implement and measure all activities to directly support business objectives, and report upon them
- Excellent grasp of social media strategies
- Be totally familiar with, exposed to, working within a financial press & promotion environment within the FCA compliance framework, as well as the latest General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) legal and regulatory compliance legislation taking effect
- Minimum 2.2 undergraduate degree
The successful candidate will need:
- to be a self-starter,
- possess a proven background in either copywriting, investment writing or financial journalism,
- strong knowledge or passion for the investment industry,
- excellent writing and editing skills,
- strong digital content experience
- the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines in a pressurised environment
- strong stakeholder management skills.
Hours of Work:
Core hours are 9.00 am – 5.30 pm; however, flexibility is required to meet essential business deadlines.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position