We are seeking a curious and tenacious financial reporter to join our growing London news team. You will collaborate with a team of writers and editors to cover breaking news and produce compelling private markets commentary.
You will offer insights on deals, fundraises and people moves within the private equity and venture capital industries by leveraging our best-in-class datasets. The role represents a rare opportunity for ambitious journalists looking to make their mark as an industry voice writing for the foremost data provider in the alternative assets space.
At PitchBook, we provide transparency into the capital markets via our award-winning PitchBook Platform and our powerful suite of integrated tools, industry news and in-depth reports. By arming global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape, we let clients discover and execute opportunities with confidence.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has grown into a global organisation with operations in London, Seattle, San Francisco, New York and Hong Kong. With consistent high double-digit growth since 2009, the company has become the industry’s leading source of private market data, serving more than 3,000 clients globally. Our culture is at the heart of our success and we are committed to fostering an open, collaborative work environment driven by excellence, inclusion and fun.
About PitchBook London
Since opening in 2014, PitchBook's London office has grown into multi-cultural center of excellence tasked with capitalising on the vast opportunity to serve and expand our EMEA client base. With a culture that emphasises collaboration, hard work and camaraderie, you have the opportunity to be on the ground floor of what continues to be a vital center of growth and production for PitchBook.
About the role:
Primary job responsibilities:
- Assist in sourcing news for the newsletter covering VC, PE and M&A activity globally, with a focus on Europe.
- Pitch, develop and execute on story ideas based on market trends and developments to generate lively and engaging content.
- Utilise PitchBook data to research and create content that resonates with our clients and readers.
- Help edit peer content and help to ensure high editorial standards.
- Attend meetings and events to actively grow and cultivate a roster of industry contacts and valuable sources within your area of focus.
Successful candidates will have:
- Ideally, 3+ years of financial writing or business journalism experience
- An interest in for finance, business, and the private markets
- Experience in producing various types of news content across a variety of platforms
- The ability to leverage data to tell a compelling story
- An ability to conduct meaningful and incisive interviews
- Competence in data journalism and an ability to think about stories visually
- Opinions on the industry they are willing to express in order to produce engaging commentary
- An eye for design and an eagerness to collaborate with graphic designers
- The will to work both independently and in a team setting
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position