Citywire is hiring a reporter for its Funds Insider and Investment Trust Insider consumer websites. This position will see you play a core role in the production of investment content for private investors and other Citywire readers in the UK and around the world.
The post holder will need to be resourceful, communicative and able to meet tight deadlines with efficient and eye-catching copy. You will join our small editorial team writing for both daily websites. This role will be based mainly in our London editorial office and permitted to work two-to-three days from home.
Citywire employs around 240+ people with offices in London, Brighton, New York, Munich, Milan and Singapore. The company provides news, information and insight for professional advisers and investors, and organises market-leading events around the world.
As a reporter on the Insider team, you will benefit from clear and consistent coordination with the team while retaining the ability to work on your own initiative.
We are looking for someone who can write clearly and quickly and who is committed to helping individuals understand financial markets and investment funds. This opportunity is open to journalists with financial reporting experience and graduates with a demonstrable interest and knowledge of investment. We will provide training for the candidate with the qualities we need.
Funds Insider provides news and analysis to help people buy the best funds for their ISAs and pensions. Sister website Investment Trust Insider serves both private and professional investors and is the leading provider of news and analysis of the UK's unique £155 billion investment company sector.
- Report breaking news about investment funds and fund managers
- Interview fund managers about their funds and investments
- Write analytical features on fund performance and portfolios
- Develop and maintain investment contacts to find exclusive stories
- Keep up to date with City and stock market developments affecting investors
Job specific skills / technical skills / profile
- An understanding of and interest in financial markets and investing
- Ability to "think like an investor" and produce content relevant to investors
- Skill to write clear, concise copy to tight daily deadlines
- Relevant experience of online news reporting
- Good data skills - we use Excel and Citywire and Morningstar data to inform our investment analysis and news coverage
- Contribute to the teams output on social media (@fundfanatic), video and podcasts
Who we are
Having a common set of values sets the tone of everything we do and how we do it. These values should feel intuitive and natural – conversely, not supporting these values is a serious problem!
Honesty, integrity, fairness and respect are four core values. We can and should disagree with one another, in the interests of getting the right answer. Arguments for truth, not ego. We should always focus on sustainability at every level of the company.
Excelling at your job will contribute to high performance at Citywire. You should have a continuous and constructive spoken dialogue with your manager about your performance, with particular reference to these behaviours: a positive approach; collaborating with colleagues; a make-it-happen attitude.
Competitive salary and additional company benefits
- 25 days' holiday per annum (rising to 28 days after three years' service followed by 30 days after five years' service) plus bank holidays
- Flexible working options
- £480 allowance on any wellbeing activity and/or gym options. We will help with your monthly or annual costs
- We have a personal trainer who runs virtual workout sessions during lunchtime weekly
- Eye-test and glasses allowance
- Medical and fental private insurance available after probation (3 months)
- Competitive private pension scheme
- Critical illness cover and group life assurance from day 1
- Well-being: access to an independent Employee Assistance Programme available 24/7
- Cycle to work scheme and annual ticket travel card loans
- Techscheme, which lets staff buy the latest tech through their employer. Employees can spread the cost with payments from their salary across 12 months and make a National Insurance saving too
After two years continuous service you will also have access to group income protection
Please do not miss our Youtube channel where we say a lot about us: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMOUK4uLN7yZU8j79l4zcg
Pre-selected applicants will have to undertake two psychometric tests
Interviews will take place via Zoom/Teams
Citywire is an equal opportunities employer
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position