Sporting Life is one of the UK's biggest sports websites and provides cutting-edge sporting analysis, content and tips for customers in the betting industry.
We are looking for a football editor to join the Sporting Life team and take responsibility for the design and execution of our football content, enhancing and delivering our strong editorial to build our reputation for insightful informed, trusted, opinionated football betting content, journalism and analysis.
Shifts - five days - Mon to Sun
What you will do
- Lead and deliver Sporting Life's football overall strategy, tone of voice, style guide and key targets and delivering a well round, complete football content plan that appeals to football bettors.
- Lead and develop award winning editorial content with standout features including betting tipping, analysis, features, in depth interviews
- Your primary focus will be on onsite content production; however you must also understand and embrace the importance of social media content, including video and podcast production/ contribution.
- Lead a small team, planning for big events and matches. Flexibility and the ability to multi-task are essential, with an understanding that running a live 24-hour website means always being across our output and leading by example to produce high standards no matter the time of day.
- Management of freelance writers, talent and ambassadors and ensuring we are utilising their talents to maximum effect.
Skills and Experience
- Experienced football writer.
- Experience of leading teams and project planning/ managing.
- Proven record and understanding of successfully working across different social media platforms.
- Experience of working with ‘football talent’ and freelance writers.
- Flexibility on hours and ability to work shifts and occasional weekends.
Why you will love working at Sky Betting & Gaming
We believe that better is just the beginning and what powers better? Our people. Each day we embrace three values that inspire you to express yourself, give you opportunities to collaborate and learn from experts and help us to shape the future.
Our inclusion pledge commits us to ensuring difference is valued and everyone can be the best version of themselves.
You will be empowered to personalise and have full autonomy over your wellbeing and the way you work.
There are a wide range of benefits to boost your wellbeing and help you live your life better, including:
- Competitive salary & bonus package
- 25-30 days holiday
- 16 hours volunteering time per year
- Pension, Private Healthcare, Dental Care
- Sky Q TV & Broadband package
We want to help you become even better at what you do, and we have a variety of ways for you to learn and develop in a way that suits you:
- Coaching and mentoring Scheme
Management and leadership skills sessions
We have a culture to be proud of but don’t just take our word for it, here are some of the awards we have won:
- Sunday Times 100 for five years in a row
- Glassdoor best places to work 2019
- Workplace Wellbeing Index Silver Award 2019/20
- EGR Operator Award 2019
- EGR Marketing & Innovation Award 2020
We are using virtual hiring and remote on-boarding to help our candidates and hiring managers stay safe. Face-to-face interactions will move to video for this vacancy.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position