The Lazy Trader is repositioning to become a fully comprehensive online personal finance brand and urgently seeks to recruit a new generation of freelance financial writers to support its ambitious growth programme.
As a member of our highly talented editorial team, you will have the ability to bring to life dry and often complex subjects via the written word, as per our mission: to make financial education a fun and accessible experience for all.
Within a broadly defined editorial framework, the candidate will have the complete freedom to produce compelling, uniquely-written "how to" and investigative articles at their leisure, from anywhere in the world, on subjects (see below) of their choice. These must be negotiated with the editor in advance.
Subject areas include: currency trading, numismatics, stocks and shares, precious metals investing, and pensions.
- How to invest in blockchain without the crypto risk
- Why an investment trust can complement your portfolio
- How to become a portfolio manager
- Inverted yield curve tutorial - what it is
Essential - the candidate must:
- Be highly motivated and can work to deadlines
- Be willing to be trained
- Have previously published articles (on any financially-based topic)
- Be able to easily adopt editorial "house style" and tone within their writing
- Possess a keen interest in financial markets
- Have previous experience writing for the web
Preferred - the candidate would ideally:
- Have an understanding of basic SEO principles (search engine optimisation)
- Have a working knowledge of WordPress
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter to: email@example.com.
Please remember to include your expected rate per article (650+ words) in addition to an article idea that you strongly feel would suit our audience.
If you are shortlisted, please be advised you will be required to undertake a task as part of the penultimate round of the selection process.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position