Euronews, Europe's most-watched international news channel, is expanding its list of freelances for its English Service based in Lyon and Brussels and seeks applications from suitably qualified broadcast and digital journalists.
About the role:
The News Journalist (NJ) covers target stories on varied themes, driven by the news.
They will have significant experience in television, and is equally able to work in TV and on digital platforms, in line with Euronews’ editorial values and producing packages that meet high quality standards. The news journalist is fully responsible for the quality and accuracy of the news delivered. They may also make occasional contributions to live coverage by his own language service, or as an expert on the other services, whether TV or digital platforms.
They are responsible for the complete production of the package, and carries out all associated tasks (editorial selection of footage, editing, infographics, script, voicing production, and mixing). These packages have the distinctive feature that the same journalist also delivers them across all digital media, adapting and supplementing the content in order to supply the digital publication channels, including social media.
The News Journalist, during his shift, reports to the Editor of the Day of his language service. He reports functionally to a lead Editor of the Day appointed within this team.
- Organising his document search across various media
- Writing scripts
- Editing and mixing packages
- Writing, producing and publishing content variants on the digital platform
Education level required: 4 years’ higher education – journalism qualification or equivalent
- Professional experience required: 2 years in broadcasting
- Languages: language of service and fluent English
- Extensive general knowledge enabling him to cover diverse stories
- Proficient writer of news products (structure and tone)
- Takes particular care to adapt script to footage
- Good teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Fast, precise writer
- On-air presence, especially during live coverage
- Manages stress well
- Strong digital culture and fluent user of technology
Monday to sunday shift rota, day or night-time hours
Candidates for broadcast must be mother-tongue English speakers, have experience of writing and voicing for a TV newsdesk and be familiar with video editing software.
Preference will be given to candidates with knowledge of the Dalet broadcast system.
Applicants should also be prepared to work in Lyon and/or Brussels for several days at a time and on a 24-hour rolling shift basis.
Euronews pays travel and accommodation costs.
How to apply:
To proceed with your application please click the "Apply Online" button below
Applications without showreel/links will not be considered.
Candidates who have not received a response within a month should consider their application has been unsuccessful.