Job Title: Freelance Reporter - UK
Product / Department: Mergermarket (Editorial)
Mergermarket, an Acuris Group publication, is a business development tool designed specifically for the M&A sector, providing proprietary intelligence and analysis on corporate strategy before that strategy becomes public knowledge.
Our network of M&A journalists and analysts talk to CEOs, CFO’s and industry contacts, reporting what they learn to Mergermarket subscribers. Together with our specialised analysis and data, this creates an indispensable resource for M&A professionals.
Mergermarket is looking for an experienced UK-based Freelance Reporter to provide actional and exclusive M&A and capital market intelligence on corporates, start-ups and private equity funds. The successful candidate will be hungry to produce exclusive stories on a regular basis by interviewing decision makers, CEOs, and other sources for Mergermarket.
The post is a freelance one and the reporter will be paid per story. Rates are negotiable according to experience.
- Sourcing and submitting exclusive executive interviews flagging potential corporate M&A opportunities.
- Compiling and reporting on potential M&A and capital market news.
- Developing a UK-wide network of sources in the financial and corporate community.
Skills & Requirements:
- Ability to independently source potential market intelligence leads.
- Excellent English speaking and writing skills.
- Experience reporting for financial news services, newspapers or online publications.
- Outstanding networking and contact building skills.
- A self-starter attitude with a cooperative approach.
- Able to attend business events and conferences.
- If you are interested in this position, please click on ‘Apply Here’. Please ensure your CV and cover letter are attached.
Acuris powers business growth for financial and professional services firms worldwide. Through events and subscription-based digital services, we provide unique, high-value content that helps our customers to make the best decisions based on the strongest evidence.
Our sector specialists and expert analysts interpret data and intelligence to extract new insights that create business opportunities for our customers. We’re trusted by many of the world’s principal advisory firms, investment banks, law firms, hedge funds, private equity firms and corporates, who rely our brands to help them understand specialist markets and find ideas for business development.
Founded in 2000, we’re a growing family of information brands united by common characteristics: sector expertise, analytical skill, proprietary data and solutions that are packaged for maximum value. You’ll find our 1,000 staff, including 500 specialist journalists and analysts, in 67 locations around the world.
Acuris is fully committed to a policy of non-discrimination and to promoting equality of opportunity in employment on grounds of merit, experience, skills and aptitude in order to maximise the full potential of both existing and prospective employees.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position