Newsweek is seeking a freelance reporter to work for its London bureau.
You will have detailed knowledge of US news and how to write engaging stories for an American audience.
You will write breaking news stories, conducting original interviews and obtaining exclusives.
You will be able to source, pitch and write several stories each day, with a strong understanding of digital journalism and the needs of a fast-paced newsroom. You will also be adept at monitoring social media and Google trends to find and identify stories and topics of interest for a US audience.
You will ensure high-quality coverage that is accurate, fair, and conforms to accepted standards of journalism.
Remote freelance work offered in the UK and Ireland on dates as mutually agreed.
- Pitch and write several news stories on agreed days
- Research and write original stories and features
- Scour multiple social media for stories and emerging trends
- Check facts and sources and ensure content is of the highest possible standard
- Experience in a reporting role for a reputable organisation
- Experience and familiarity covering US news and trends
- Familiarity of using social media and Google trends to find stories
- Capable of working to tight deadlines
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position