LendIt Fintech (www.lendit.com) is the world's leading fintech media company. Bankers, fintech executives, and investors from around the globe rely on LendIt Fintech for industry news, analysis, and gatherings - online and offline.
You know fintech inside and out and have a large contact list in the UK and Europe fintech space. You have a solid understanding of crypto and web3 and a bonus if you have written about these topics in the past.
As such, you must:
- Be self-motivated
- Be able to express your judgments clearly
- Be execution-oriented, a real doer.
What we do for our audience:
- We provide industry intelligence: information, insight, analysis, informed points of view, actionable ideas, key learnings, applicable knowledge
- We showcase the best and brightest in the industry, providing the spotlight for a significant moment in the fast-changing world of financial services.
The problem we are addressing is that financial services are undergoing massive, tech-driven change. The industry needs a way to understand better, stay ahead of, and benefit competitively from it all.
LendIt Fintech is an indispensable source of connection, insight, and innovation in fintech - it is where the forces shaping the future of financial services all come together. When we do our best work, understanding and innovation flourish, money flows more freely, and the financial system works better for the betterment of all.
The contract freelance journalist will:
- Assess leads and pitch captivating story ideas to editors
- Review and edit work for editorial approval
- Write clean, concise, and factual articles
- Adhere to the ethical code of the profession
- Create trustworthy relationships with contacts and sources
- Keep up to date on the latest fintech news developments
The contract freelance journalist must:
- Maintain an ethical and objective standard in research and reporting
- Accurately fact-check information
- Meet deadlines
- Work collaboratively with marketing and sales for content promotion and relationship building
- At least four years of work experience
- AP Style obsessive
- Superb written and verbal communications skills
- Knowledge of key players and trends in fintech in the UK and Europe
- Excellent observation and judgment skills
- Intellectual curiosity
- Work ethic & diligence
You will report to: John White
Compensation: TBD based on your availability, throughput, experience, and capabilities.
Office location: We have two offices - one in midtown Manhattan and one in Denver. You will be working remotely.
Send your resume to:
No one. We do not believe in resumes. To be considered for an interview, you must complete the following questionnaire: https://forms.gle/KvWxFAshrSkJhKzM8
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position