MailOnline, the world’s largest English-language newspaper website with over 220 million unique monthly visitors globally, is looking for a talented freelance social media editor to join the London team.
Candidates must have previous work that demonstrates and proves skill set listed below.
- Assist UK social media editor in editing MailOnline social feeds
- Cover live events and breaking news on social media and emerging platforms
- Work closely with reporters and editors from various desks around the newsroom on social media projects and best practices
- Disseminate knowledge of social media, crowdsourcing and reader engagement techniques in the newsroom
- Monitor daily social media analytics to gauge success of social media efforts and initiatives
- Assist social media editor with coordination of and social interaction during live events
- Monitor the competitive landscape, identify trends in social media and news consumption
- 1-2 years’ social media experience
- Prior experience working with social platforms and crowdsourcing or experience managing social media platforms for a digital media publication
- Demonstrable digital production skills, including an ability to work comfortably within content management systems
- Ability to gather and analyse social media data and analytics
- In-depth knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Tumblr, etc.)
To apply for this vacancy, please click the 'apply online' button below.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position