Job Title: Writer, Reuters Community
Position Type: freelance
Role Type: creative / marketing
Role Level: variable
Seeking exceptional writers for Reuters Community. Must be curious about the changing business of news and the state of journalism.
Reuters Community is a marketing initiative offering insights that make the working lives of publishers and broadcasters easier.
Through smart, inspiring and practical information, we demonstrate how publishers and broadcasters can enhance their output, grow audiences and make money. We do this to help publishers and broadcasters develop sustainable news businesses.
Interested in developing content that can help shape the future of news? I'd love to hear from you!
Skills, qualities and experience
You are confident developing content that meets the objectives of an audience and serves the interests of a business –– which is handy because you’ll put that talent to good use.
- Exceptional written English
- Demonstrable interest in the business of news, and journalism
- Craft compelling stories to help our future and current customers (digital publishers and broadcasters) innovate.
- Speak with Reuters and industry subject matter experts to craft stories that inspire, inform and educate our target audience.
- Pitch ideas to us, and validate ideas that we pitch to you for commissioned pieces.
- Join a weekly content planning call (1hr). We understand freelancing is a lifestyle so we’ll be as flexible as possible, taking into account your co-lancers who’ll be joining in too.
- Work with the collaborative tools and follow our workflow.
- Share any ideas you have to improve output and add value to our audience!
What’s in it for you?
For many professionals, the Reuters brand is synonymous with news. Writing for Reuters Community means your name is associated with that brand. The insights you gather, the perspectives you glean –– all packaged into well-crafted stories –– will be viewed and used to inform the strategies of thousands of digital publishers and broadcasters across the globe.
What’s more, it’s a steady gig, working with good folks, who strive to do exceptional work.
up to 16 hours per week
£150 - £250/day negotiable
Canary Wharf | Remote
Please email your CV and examples of your writing to firstname.lastname@example.org - please note that this a role in the marketing team not the newsroom
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position