Unquote has been covering the European private equity industry for over 20 years, and is widely regarded as the number one source of factual deal and fundraising information, as well as in-depth analysis of the market’s hot topics.
Unquote is looking for a reporter to join its thriving team based in London. The successful candidate will carry out detailed research into the European venture capital and private equity market, with a focus on the France and Benelux regions. The reporter will initially focus on producing news items and gather proprietary information, before branching out into in-depth features and reports once they have built up sufficient contacts and market knowledge.
- Carry out detailed research into the European venture capital and private equity market by direct contact via the telephone, internet and meetings, with a focus on the France and Benelux regions.
- Help maintain up-to-date website by providing daily deal updates and in-depth market coverage.
- To write analysis pieces and interviews for the website when requested.
- To write well researched, accurate copy in ‘house style’.
- Be an active member of the Unquote team, initiating and assisting in the development of new product ideas.
- To monitor competition publications and web sites.
- To represent the brand at press conferences and industry and magazine events, both during and outside normal working hours.
- Provide support to other members of the editorial and data teams on other published products, one-off consultancy products and custom research.
- To be punctual, organised and professional in all aspects of the work.
- To carry out additional tasks as and when requested.
Skills & requirements:
- Languages – fluent written/spoken English, reading/speaking French to a business level.
- Writing and journalistic skills – ability to produce factual, accurate and engaging copy to a high quality standard and in accordance with the Unquote house style and guidelines.
- Research skills – ability to extract data directly from investment executives and from published, on-line and other external sources.
- Interpersonal skills – ability to be confident on the telephone, in meetings and at conferences.
- Ability to learn the technical side of private equity and venture capital deals, funds etc; to understand and serve the information needs of industry players.
- Able to act as an ambassador for the company and its products.
What’s in it for you:
- 25 days paid leave + local Bank Holidays.
- London office with stunning roof terrace, great communal areas and a very modern space.
- Private healthcare.
- Company Pension Scheme.
- Employee Assistance Program/ Save as you Learn Scheme.
- Employee social club.
- Pool table/subsidised gym/other staff discounts and more.
If you are interested in this position, please click on ‘Apply Here’. Please ensure your CV and cover letter are attached.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position