Gas Strategies Information Services is recognised for going beyond the news to provide a deeper understanding of the issues and developments that matter to the gas industry, informing our clients about impactful trends and allowing them to evaluate the risks and identify the opportunities to stay ahead of the competition.
Gas Matters is a flagship industry publication within our Information Services portfolio that offers expert insight and perspective on the key issues affecting the gas, LNG and wider energy businesses and is an authoritative tool for energy industry professionals.
Working in a small team of senior journalists, the Gas Matters Editor will help shape critical thinking by providing insightful, authoritative and enduring coverage of gas/energy business drivers: macroeconomics, politics, regulation, technology and future trends. We are looking for an energy industry Editor who can collaborate creatively with Gas Strategies’ people to:
· Commission, edit and contribute to Gas Matters’ editorial output, assist in extending its scope and develop high-quality content (articles, papers or viewpoints)
· Manage the planning of insightful content that represents the scope and expertise of Gas Strategies
· Lead the editorial positioning of this well-known industry publication
A specific knowledge base and skillset is required, as the Editor is responsible for the management of the Gas Matters brand, ensuring it achieves and improves upon its existing editorial excellence:
· An ease of working with complexity, highly developed sub-editing and interviewing abilities and experience in long-form content to produce relevant, thought-provoking editorial output against often challenging and contradictory views
· A keen insight and understanding of the global gas (or wider energy) industry and the trends that influence its markets
· A curiosity about industry drivers which allows for the development of in-depth analysis of key issues
· Technical writing ability to produce relevant, market-driven articles, papers and thought leadership pieces
· A collaborative and inclusive approach to developing output, which harnesses the strength and experience of the Gas Strategies Group
· Authoritative mind set and attitude to further strengthen the credibility of the Gas Strategies brand
If this opportunity is of interest to you, then please send your application to the HR Manager with your CV and a letter describing your experience, your personal strengths and why you think you are suitable for this role.
Please note that this is a direct to employer advert and we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK. No agency candidates will be accepted.
For further information on the company please visit our website.
10 St Bride Street
Tel: +44 (0) 207 332 9992
Subscribe to our daily (Mon-Fri) email job alerts to get more jobs like this and/or follow @journalism_jobs on Twitter.