Could you direct video news coverage for the world's leading news agency?
Reuters is looking for a global news editor for its video operation.
You will be an inspirational news leader, able to make decisions quickly and calmly. You will have a strong background in video news, and understand the needs of Reuters customers across the whole news market, from 24-hour news channels to niche digital publishers.
You will be passionate about winning the breaking story, and also have a flair for feature stories.
Based in London, this job will give you responsibility for the day-to-day direction of global video coverage.
As global news editor for Reuters Video, you will:
- Lead the direction of video news coverage globally
- Supervise daily newsgathering and the planning process
- Help develop our overall visuals strategy
- Work with colleagues from text and pictures to help create a truly unified newsgathering team, ensuring that multimedia working is routine, from planning to coverage
- Ensure all recruitment decisions are aligned with our strategic plan for video and with a strong focus on diversity.
- Manage news and planning editors in London and elsewhere
To be global news editor for Reuters Video, you will likely have:
- Senior editorial experience in agency and/or broadcast television newsgathering and production
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to motivate local and remote teams
- Knowledge of how to deliver breaking news fast, and feature stories that engages
- A deep understanding of the digital landscape and the needs of Reuters customers
- Experience of managing teams in hostile environments
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build relationships quickly
- The ability to work cooperatively with text and photo colleagues to deliver the best file possible
- Ability to drive speed and accuracy
- An unwavering commitment to accurate, impartial reporting
Please note, the deadline for applications is Friday 21 January 2022.
What is in it for you
At Reuters, our people are our greatest assets. Here are some of the benefits we offer for your personal and professional growth:
- Global career: As a global company, we can offer a truly international career and progression opportunities
- Learning and development: On the job learning and coaching. We also have a dedicated training team focused on the continuous development of our journalists
- Benefits: We offer competitive salary packages and market leading benefits including paid volunteering days
- Perks: Work alongside Pulitzer Prize-winning journalists and a team who provide unmatched, award-winning coverage of the world's most important stories
Reuters is the world’s largest multimedia news provider. Founded in 1851, it is committed to the Trust Principles of independence, integrity and freedom from bias.
With unmatched coverage in over 16 languages, and reaching billions of people worldwide every day, Reuters provides trusted intelligence that powers humans and machines to make smart decisions. It supplies business, financial, national and international news to professionals via desktop terminals, the world's media organisations, industry events and directly to consumers. Reuters: The Real World in Real Time
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position