Robots are expected to put a lot of journalists out of work over the coming decade.
Reporters on our market-leading finance titles have to be human – we don’t write up press releases and earnings releases, we don’t churn out me-too stories. Our articles are in-depth and analytical, designed to challenge and inform an audience of central bankers, traders, risk managers, lawyers, and technologists. The work is dynamic, creative and intellectually stimulating.
People have always paid for our content, and as information needs grow in our markets, so does our subscriber base. That’s why we’re inviting applicants to our graduate reporter programme. Prior knowledge of business, economics and finance is not essential – our reporters come from a diverse range of disciplines, from languages and history, to physics and law. The common factors are good writing skills, intellectual rigour, and a desire to push, provoke and educate.
Infopro Digital is one of the world’s leading B2B publishers. Globally the business has 3,200 employees across 15 countries; and revenues of €440m across six professional markets: automobile, construction, retail, insurance and finance, public sector and industry. Our international presence includes a vibrant culture and offices in London, New York, Hong Kong and Paris
We know great people make great companies so that’s why we have five golden tickets for five graduates to join editorial teams on our finance titles. Previous graduate reporters have stayed with the company for more than a decade – rising to the role of editor, launching new services, and moving to Hong Kong and New York; others now work at international banks, trade associations, or have pursued careers as journalists at mainstream titles.
Our Editorial Training Programme offers a comprehensive introduction to a career in financial journalism. This includes structured training, and on-the-job writing experience to develop your editorial skills.
We are looking for driven individuals who want a career in journalism. In return, we will give you first-class support, opportunities to learn, and the perfect platform to demonstrate your skills.
- Strong writing skills are essential as well as excellent research and analytical skills.
- A keen interest in the financial markets, economics or business is desirable but not essential.
- A record of academic success.
- The ability to work in a team, and to work autonomously.
What's on offer
With a starting salary of £22,000 and bi-annual salary reviews, you can be on a minimum of £26,000 within 24 months. Successful reporters have in the past been promoted out of the scheme – into the more senior role of staff writer – prior to completing the full 24 months
We also offer:
- 25 days of annual leave (rising to 30 days)
- Group personal pension plan
- Private medical insurance
- Employee assistance programme
- Agile working – reporters all receive laptops and voice-over-IP software so they can work in the office as well as remotely
- IMFoundation – our own charitable arm, where staff can volunteer, making a difference to the lives of others.
- Plus a huge number of flexible salary sacrifice benefits including Private Medical Insurance, health screening, childcare vouchers, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Gym Discounts, and many more
How to apply
To proceed with your application please click the "Apply Online" button below - please note that as part of your application, you will need to include a 500-word opinion piece, defending US trade policy under Donald Trump.
This will give you the opportunity to demonstrate your research and writing skills.
Please note this article will form part of our selection process.