CGTN – the China Global Television Network, its six TV channels – English, Spanish, French, Arabic, Russian and documentary, and its digital media platforms were launched on December 31, 2016.
CGTN Europe is a fresh multimedia news channel from a modern, purpose-built newsroom in London’s Chiswick Business Park. It will join the other regional CGTN hubs in Beijing, Nairobi and Washington DC in helping the network to set the news agenda across the UK and Europe, by broadcasting and publishing award-winning news and current affairs content that will provide a fresh take on European political, economic, social and cultural affairs.
We are now seeking a guest booker & interview producer to join the new team in London.
- Manage and co-ordinate the logistics for guests from start to finish, from selection to production stages.
- Pitch story ideas and select guests to add value to segments, working with a team of senior producers, editors, writers and reporters.
- Research and prepare briefings on guests for producers and talent.
- Expand a contacts database covering a variety of expertise including economic, political, lifestyle, social and entertainment.
With significant experience in live television, ideally at international news networks, you will possess a clear interest in across current affairs, arts, science and technology.
You will also:
- Have an extensive network on contacts and experts, alongside superb research skills to develop working relationships with guests.
- Express a clear understanding of how social media is used to cover and influence news events.
- Demonstrate a proven editorial judgement.
- Be a proven self-starter with initiative.
- Thrive under pressure, especially in a “start-up” broadcast and digital media centre environment.
- Excel at work within a culturally and ethnically diverse office.
If your skills & experience fit the above requirements and you would like to take the next step, please apply online.
11th Floor Building 7 Chiswick Park
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position