CGTN – the China Global Television Network, its English channel, and its digital media platforms were launched on December 31, 2016.
CGTN’s aim is to provide objective, balanced, and impartial news and current affairs content, reporting the news from a Chinese perspective. We aim to differentiate ourselves from leading Western media organization by pursuing a larger international vision; focusing on nations, regions, and stories often ignored by western media.
We are shortly opening up a London office at Chiswick Park to house a well-staffed, digital and television hub producing news, online, and other content to feed into our global English language platforms.
We are now seeking a guest producer to join the new team in London.
A successful candidate will:
- Book and co-ordinate on-air guests for a new daily business and economics show broadcast from a new production centre in London
- Report to the executive producer of business news CGTN Europe
- Pitch stories and select guests to add value to segments, working with a team of senior producers, input editors, writers and reporters
- Have a good network of contacts in the world of business, economics, trade, and investment who can translate economic trends into conversation meant for the general public
- Research and prepare briefings on guests for producers and talent
- Prove to be a self-starter in managing all logistics for guests from start to finish, while working in an effective team environment
- Expand contacts database covering a variety of business expertise
- Have a clear understanding of how social media is used to cover and influence news events.
With experience in live television, preferably at an international news network, you will have demonstrable research skills with a wide range of business contacts in Europe.
You will also have:
- Strong interest in economic issues and a desire to make international business and current affairs relevant for all
- Proven editorial judgement.
If your skills & experience fit the above requirements and you would like to take the next step, please apply online.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position