CGTN – the China Global Television Network, its English channel, and its digital media platforms were launched on December 31, 2016.
CGTN’s aim is to provide objective, balanced, and impartial news and current affairs content, reporting the news from a Chinese perspective. We aim to differentiate ourselves from leading Western media organization by pursuing a larger international vision; focusing on nations, regions, and stories often ignored by western media.
We are shortly opening up a London office at Chiswick Park to house a well-staffed, digital and television hub producing news, online, and other content to feed into our global English language platforms.
We are now seeking a Guest Producer to join the new team in London.
A successful candidate will:
- Research, book and manage guests for a dynamic, new Weekend Talk Show to debut globally in 2019 on air and on line
- Have a good network of contacts across the UK and Europe in politics, economics, culture and entertainment
- Report to the Executive Producer of Talk programming and assist in creating a unique programme profiling entrepreneurs, newsmakers, and prominent figures from politics, the arts and entertainment
- Pitch stories and select guests to add value to segments, working with a team of senior producers, input editors, writers, reporters.
- Research and prepare briefings on guests for producers and talent.
- Prove to be a self-starter in managing all logistics for guests from start to finish, while working in an effective team environment.
- Have a clear understanding of how social media is used to cover and influence news events.
With experience in live television preferably at an international news network, you will have a strong interest in current events, international relations, arts and history.
You will also have:
- Proven editorial judgement.
- Demonstrated superior research skills with a wide range of contacts in Europe.
- Proven self-starter who demonstrates initiative.
If your skills & experience fit the above requirements and you would like to take the next step, please click the "apply online" button below.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position