Do you have a passion for great content?
Do you want to lead a team of journalists on some of the UK’s most trusted titles?
Do you want to be part of a collaborative and expanding team that is growing digital audiences across the UK?
We have a range of local and national titles across the country, and we want to create content that rewards our most loyal users.
Part of the digital senior management team, you will help lead a central team of digital specialists in content, social, video, SEO and data, ensuring they hit their goals and are constantly evolving how they work.
You will also give strategic guidance and best practice to our local newsrooms in the south of England - ensuring the likes of the Portsmouth News, Sussex titles, Peterborough Today and Northampton Chronicle all deliver great digital content.
With a strong digital content background, a natural understanding of social and a grounding in SEO, you will ensure all our audiences continue to grow and find new opportunities to turn casual readers into loyal ones.
Your ability to work in a team environment both locally, and across the JPIMedia group, will be of the highest quality, and you will enjoy working in a constantly evolving environment, with a clear understanding that no two days, weeks, months or years will be the same.
This is an opportunity for a leader and digital expert, looking to take the next step in their career.
Who you are:
- Passionate and committed to serve our audience.
- An enthusiastic leader who brings the best out of those around them.
- Hungry to learn and be successful.
- Open to new ideas and change.
- Encourage innovation and constant improvement in efficiency and effectiveness.
- Understand the importance of meeting audience needs, wishes and aspirations.
- Able to work cooperatively with others in order to achieve objectives.
- Flexible, personable, and solutions oriented attitude.
What you will do
- Ensure that our audiences continue to expand and performance exceeds expectation.
- Ensure our content is engaging using digital production skills.
- Understand our digital audiences and the content required to meet and exceed their expectations.
- Spot opportunities and create plans to maximise potential.
- Develop a team of digital specialists who are passionate about content.
- Understand and adapt to changing digital platforms to ensure content reaches the largest audience possible.
- A demonstrable background in leading teams that build audiences in content-based businesses.
- Good understanding of data and analytics and how to derive actionable insight.
- A solid working knowledge of SEO as well as a deep understanding of how to drive engaged audiences through social media and other websites.
- An excellent writer and editor, with an understanding of media law and the editors’ code.
- An effective leader, strong team player and natural collaborator.
- Have the experience and people skills required to engage a newsroom environment and to coach a team of content producers.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment and responding quickly to content opportunities.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position