Memiah is on a mission to create a healthier, happier society by nurturing ideas, promoting positive mental and physical health and bringing people together. We operate a network of directory websites to help connect individuals with professionals in areas such as counselling, hypnotherapy, life coaching, therapy and nutrition. We have over 21,000 members and pride ourselves on offering excellent customer service.
We have also recently launched Happiful Magazine, a monthly wellness publication looking to reduce the stigma around mental health and are currently working on a mobile app which will be a hub for happiness that brings all our users, content and professionals together.
Before you read on, we have a few questions…
- Do you want to make a difference in the world?
- Do you have a passion and energy to create incredible content that will help promote positive mental health, nutrition and other subjects to improve the general wellbeing and happiness of our society?
- Do you know what it takes to get content shared online?
- Are you able to motivate and lead a team of writers?
If you can answer YES to the above questions then this role might be just what you are looking for!
We are now looking for an experienced content writer and editor to become Head of Content for our Happiful directories.
The main responsibilities of the role are to:
- Lead our in-house writing (comms) and public relations (outreach) teams.
- Grow our audience.
- Be responsible for all journalistic and encyclopaedic content on our directories.
- Develop and implement content marketing strategies to ensure our content is engaging and shared widely online.
- Enhance our reputation for high quality self-help information, e.g. application of NHS Information Standard.
- Establish our directories as a leading source of industry news.
- Build and implement a video strategy to build subscribers and engagement on our Youtube channels.
A typical working week for your team may involve…
- Reviewing the quality of our content to ensure users are leaving our websites feeling helped.
- Creating guides for mental health conditions, and promoting them.
- Collaborating with our customer service and development teams to make improvements to our websites.
- Report the results of medical studies, statistical releases, surveys, events etc.
- Interviewing the public and influential figures to create personal experiences / real stories in written and video formats.
What can you offer?
Essential skills, qualifications and experience
- 5+ years experience writing for a major publication.
- Experience of leading, growing and developing a team.
- A portfolio of creative content demonstrating your skills in production and promotion.
- Knowledge of Content Marketing, SEO, Link Building, PR.
- Knowledge of tools such as AdWords, GA, Search Console, AHREFs, Buzzsumo, Hootsuite etc
- A degree in English, Journalism or similar.
We offer the following benefits:
- A competitive salary negotiable based on experience plus a discretionary performance based bonus plan.
- Up to 5% employers' matched pension contribution
- 32 days holiday entitlement including public/bank holidays and end-of-year office closure (increasing annually to a maximum of 38 days).
- A unique working environment that will recognise your achievements and celebrate milestones
- Flexible working hours, and finish 1 hour early on Fridays (short 34 hour working week).
- The latest equipment to work on, e.g. MacBook plus multiple monitors.