Having produced magazines and media for nearly 40 years, Key Publishing is firmly established as the world’s leading publisher of transport and specialist leisure titles. The company has an extensive portfolio of consumer and business-to-business print and digital magazines operating in the sectors of aviation, military history, rail and road transport as well as railway and scale modelling, together with a wide range of bookazines and a growing number of books.
Reporting to the chief content & commercial officer (CCCO), the head of content will co-ordinate all editorial activities relating to digital content. You will help to drive forward the company’s growth strategy by being heavily involved in creating and implementing new product ideas for both print and digital platforms and by, effectively, being the deputy for the CCCO. You will also work closely with the chief digital officer on issues like platform build, process and templates.
You will manage and motivate all the editorial team on a range of tasks, ensuring that the highest standards are maintained across their output (both print and digital) and advise and make detailed recommendations to the CCCO regarding this. You will also keep the CCCO informed about all aspects of editorial output across all titles and any influences upon it, either internal or external.
- To manage and motivate the Key Publishing Ltd content teams about the digital opportunities our material can support.
- To lead on the digital content strategy of Key Publishing Ltd.
- To editorially support all products as the needs of the business dictate, which may involve the production of material.
- To assess and improve content cost centres.
- To instigate ideas for other related products, print or otherwise.
- To monitor and review editorial procedures to improve copy flow and productivity and make recommendations for change.
- To work with other departments to enhance the commercial success of the portfolio.
Skills, knowledge & experience:
- Extensive experience in digital content, ideally within a specialist hobby or leisure environment.
- Experience of line management of senior content personnel.
- Demonstrable record of successfully advancing products.
- Creative flair, drive, determination and commercial nous.
- Track record of meeting targets and deadlines.
- Excellent and efficient organisation and communication skills with diplomacy and confidentiality.
- Track record of working alongside sales and marketing teams to deliver the best products.
There is flexibility on the location of this role and could be home based. There will be a requirement for some travel to the offices in Stamford, Lincolnshire.
Head of HR
Units 1-4 Gwash Way Industrial Estate
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position