We are looking for a digital dynamo for this key position at oxfordmail.co.uk - one of Newsquest's flagship titles - to the next level online.
You will lead the newsroom, motivating, mentoring and developing the reporting team to help them get the very best out of their stories online and help us grow our audience.
The role includes helping with all aspects of digital, from story ideas and social to desking completed stories ahead of publication online.
The Oxford titles already have a strong online audience and you will help us keep it growing.
This is a key senior position and involves standing in for the editor in his absence.
You will be:
- A digital native, who know what readers want and when
- Full of digital ideas and confident on how to make them sing online
- Happy mentoring and developing reporters
- Confident with analytics and how to use them to maximise digital traffic
- An SEO supremo
- A master on social and how best to use it
- Very experienced in a daily newsroom or similar, and be able to demonstrate your skill at leading teams and driving growth
What we offer:
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a great team on a competitive salary. Oxford is a brilliant place to live and work. And it is surrounded by some of the most beautiful countryside in England.
So if you would like to join the senior team, please write to email@example.com cc-ing firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter outlining why you are the person for the job. Closing date is 13 August.
Regional group editor
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position