HuffPost is a global, premier media platform: a Pulitzer Prize-winning source of news, commentary, entertainment, features and lifestyle content. HuffPost serves 200 million viewers on a monthly basis, consecutively reaching 1 billion monthly video views, ranking as the #1 publisher on Facebook in 2016, and spanning 17 editions around the world while using every available tool and platform, including augmented reality and immersive storytelling. The HuffPost contributor platform hosts a highly engaged global community for opinion and conversation, from politicians, students and celebrities to academics, parents and policy experts, who contribute in real-time on the subjects about which they are most passionate. HuffPost is part of Oath.
About the opportunity
HuffPost UK seeks an experienced, energetic newsroom leader to oversee all of its news coverage running the breaking news operation and managing enterprise and investigative journalism. Candidates will have a deep background in editing and reporting and the drive to set the news agenda in an ever-changing, competitive environment. Experience in digital journalism, working across all platforms, is a must.
Ideal candidates will be over-flowing with ideas but strategic in their choices. They will be an inspiring manager and have a track record in cultivating talent. They will know how to drive a story from breaking to day two, day three and beyond. They will also be informed, inspired thinkers about the industry, with a broad array of experience, and be active participants tackling the challenges of the business of journalism.
We are looking for someone who…
- Ideally has 15+ years of newsroom experience, at least 5 of those in a leadership role
- Experience overseeing a team of 15+ reporters and editors in a fast-paced newsroom environment
- Deep understanding of all kinds of news reporting: breaking, enterprise, investigative, trends
- Demonstrated history of directing impactful journalism across all platforms, digital and distributed, as well as crunch-time decision making
- Ability to use newsroom analytics / tools to inform coverage decisions and meet goals
- Talent for sharp, provocative headline and lead writing and first rate copy editing skills
- History of working collaboratively across departments, including product, analytics, audience development, social, and business development
- Passion and a proven track-record for talent-spotting and management and mentorship of newsroom talent
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, colour, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.
How to apply
To proceed with your application please click the "apply online" button below