The head of planning is a senior member of the news team which generates future story ideas and assignments for TRT World. You will have a highly developed knowledge of international news and will head a team of planning producers who will generate ideas, maintain forward diaries and develop contacts with relevant organisations and guests. You will also be expected to brief other journalists and organise filming assignments and logistics. You may also be expected to lead Editorial meetings.
- Lead the planning team, provide direction and supervision to others.
- Generate research and develop story ideas.
- Assist in finding case studies, briefing the news editor on logistical issues.
- Ensure the team prepare and supervise diary entries, gather news information, source guests and filming and online opportunities.
- Liaise with reporters to help them develop broadcast packages and digital content.
- Manage relevant permissions and clearances for filming.
- Other newsroom duties in newsgathering or output as required by 24-hour news cycle.
- May be required to work on location on big news stories.
Key skills, experience and education
- University degree in media/digital media/communication.
- Minimum seven years' experience.
- Significant experience of working in the news media industry.
- Extensive existing contacts with news sources.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to manage workload, set priorities and lead others.
- Self-starting and ability to think laterally.
- Problem solver.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position