GIVEMESPORT is one of the UK’s largest digital sports publishers and a go-to destination for the latest news and features in sport, reporting on football, boxing, Formula 1 and much more.
We provide our users with a mix of in-depth athlete interviews and long-form features, as well as the latest news and rumours on their teams and favourite players.
GIVEMESPORT is now looking for a talented Head of Social to lead our social coverage.
The purpose of the role is to define and execute best practice and strategy across GMS social channels. This will include a data oriented approach combined with a creative mindset to optimise all organic and paid content.
Working closely with Head of Editorial and Head of Marketing, you will focus on social media growth and engagement, and also on driving traffic to GIVEMESPORT.com.
The ideal candidate will have the vision, leadership and aptitude of turning the publisher’s social channels into the best in market.
- Create and own GMS’s social media strategy
- Ensure that GMS is present on the right platforms with the right frequency and content Manage GMS’s accounts to drive growth and user engagement across relevant platforms Manage a team of three social media execs to inspire, lead and empower them with your expertise to create best-in-market social channels.
- Pitch, conceive and execute innovative and dynamic new ideas in conjunction with the company’s design team to deliver engaging, shareable and high-quality content
- Support business KPIs and drive best practice in social measurement across the business. Set clear KPIs for individual campaigns and track performance to derive learnings and improve
- Report week-on-week and also trends over time of social media performance, to present weekly, monthly and quarterly.
- Provide consultancy to key stakeholders within the business when it comes to social media best practices.
- Be responsible for growing and engaging the GMS community
- Provide recommendations on the usage of new tools in order to optimize business performance
- Extensive social media experience
- Previous management experience
- A track record of leading social media strategy for a media organisation.
- Highly analytical with proven track record of identifying trends and turning into actionable insights to create new business opportunities
- Excellent knowledge of what types of content works best on what platform, optimising content accordingly and understanding of nuances of each platform
- Confident to lead and present ideas and campaigns with key stakeholders
- Excellent editorial judgement, flair and the ability to make decisive publishing decisions in real-time
- The ability to influence an organisation in a fast moving environment.
- Creative eye for all aspects of digital (photography, video and design) with an impressive portfolio of creating brilliant social content
- Sports fan desirable
The working pattern of the role is 35 hours per week on a 5 out of 7 day basis. Flexible working will be considered.
GMS is an equal opportunities employer.
Please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position