Yahoo Sports connects fans to the sports and fantasy games they love most and is the first screen for the next generation of sports fans worldwide, who crave real-time personalized quality content and superior fan experiences every day.
A little about Yahoo Sport UK:
Yahoo Sport UK is looking for a Head of Sport to drive the site’s coverage.
Whether it be the Premier League, F1, cycling, cricket or boxing, you will have the energy and the passion to tell those stories in an imaginative, entertaining and engaging way to the fans be it through text, video or graphics.
You will have a strong contacts book to keep you ahead of the pack and be aware of the cultural shifts taking place across the sporting world and be able to provide pin-sharp insight and analysis of these issues.
You will be equally comfortable working with providers as well as commissioning content from the team around you.
Video will be a crucial area in which Yahoo Sport UK will increasingly operate and you will be expected to thrive in this environment.
Yahoo Sport UK’s Oath in Three Words: Fans Come First
What you will be doing:
- You will be the face of the Yahoo Sport brand: a self-starter, who knows when to be nimble and react to breaking news; when to chase down an exclusive; and when to plan for major events all with the mobile audience front of mind.
- You will help co-ordinate Yahoo Sport UK’s day-to- day coverage as well as long-term strategy and liaise with senior colleagues - in the UK and across the International team - over the promotion of content and sharing of resources.
- Work with stakeholders in the Product team, Business Development, Marketing and Sales to ensure the best outcome for Yahoo Sport UK.
- You will drive the Sports video strategy
- You will be comfortable using data analytics platforms to understand Yahoo Sport UK’s audience and interpret that data to inform editorial strategy.
- Work flexible hours in order to meet the demands of a digital newsroom.
- You will work with the senior management team to build out the Sport team to establish Yahoo UK as a dominant voice around breaking sport news.
- You will seek new ways to tell a story ie through video or infographics.
- You will be willing to promote the brand both internally and externally, including hosting events, and be fluent in English.
A little bit about you:
The ideal candidate will have a BA or BS degree – preferably journalism-related
At least 7 years’ experience in journalism and digital media, including video.
An excellent knowledge of all aspects of the sporting world.
- You will have experience of managing a team and liaising with multiple stakeholders.
- You will have experience in how to leverage social media and drive referrals and audience engagement.
- You will have experience commissioning, to deadlines, from a pool of freelance writers to pro
- Track record of success in a fast-paced media environment
- A passion for and knowledge of social news tools and channels
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to work collaboratively with multiple teams
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, colour, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.
How to apply:
To proceed with your application please click the "Apply Online" button below