Title: Head of Video
Location: Bristol or London
Who we are:
SWNS is the UK’s biggest independent news content provider, with over 100 editorial staff in offices across the country and a satellite in the US. We distribute more than 1,000 original media assets every day, making us one of the single biggest sources of news content for publishers across the world. Our content spans everything from breaking news and human interest to health, science and virals.
We believe in real journalism; reporters, photographers and videographers who gather content on the ground and turn them into media packages which leap off the page or screen. We also work with hundreds of contributors and major publishers to licence and monetise their content.
Alongside our core news agency operation, SWNS supplies a wide range of editorial and bespoke commission services ranging from assignments for brands to full outsource production services for publishers.
Our passion, drive and innovative business model has seen us grow exponentially over the last decade and this role reflects our continued investment in journalism and new markets.
Who you are:
You will be a video native with substantial experience in video news journalism, preferably at a national or international publisher. You will be adept at identifying strong video content, editing and packaging material, and will know how to monetise it in today’s digital market. You will have sufficient industry knowledge to help steer our video strategy, and enough contacts to open doors to new clients, contributors and distributors.
This is a senior position within the business that involves:
- Devising and implementing a top-level video strategy which will drive revenue for the editorial business.
- Being a key player in the day-to-day editorial process – identifying video opportunities and deploying resources.
- Overseeing a small team of video producers to turn multiple story assets into compelling video packages.
- Managing the delivery of video to our client feeds and international distribution partners.
- Working with our Head of Audience and editors of our O&O channels to provide maximum video engagement.
- Identifying and implementing new video revenue opportunities through our O&O channels and third party partnerships.
- Working with our commercial content business 72Point to deliver branded video packages.
What you’ll need:
- A minimum of two years working in video at a senior level in a national or international publisher.
- A deep understanding of the economics and monetisation of video content.
- A track record of increasing views, engagement and revenue.
- Strong interpersonal and management skills that will enable you to build a loyal and focused team.
- The character, knowledge and energy to push video to the forefront of our operations.
- Be highly proficient in Adobe Premiere Pro.
- An extensive contacts book that will bring new partnerships and relationships to the business.
SWNS is part of the SWNS Group, a progressive and forward-thinking content business which spans news, features, images, video, PR, content marketing and market research.
We offer competitive salaries, a fun and engaging working environment and the best career prospects in the business.
How to apply:
If you want to be part of the success story please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position