the limbic (www.thelimbic.com) is an online publication that covers clinical and medico-political news for specialist doctors in the UK and Australia. We are seeking an experienced UK-based health/science journalist to join our global team.
What is the role?
- Work with the global editorial director and the Australian editorial team to source and write clinical and medico-political news stories specifically for our UK audience
- Build contacts and maintain relationships with relevant professional organisations and experts
- Use social media to highlight our coverage to potential new readers
- Attend and report (online and eventually face to face) on medical conferences in the UK, Europe and the US.
Who are you?
- A strong understanding and interest in science and health reporting
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including demonstrated ability to write high quality news copy for a medical audience.
- Flexible and a proactive ‘can do’ attitude and the ability to work autonomously as well as with a team across different time zones
- Demonstrated skills and experience in managing a complex workload, problem solving and use of initiative.
- Experience using content management systems, Mailchimp, Twitter, LinkedIn.
What’s in it for you?
- A flexible and autonomous role with plenty of opportunity for growth and development
- A custom package: We’re happy to offer a competitive salary as well as performance related financial incentives.
- Significant focus on flexibility (choose your hours) matched with outcomes.
Please send your resume and a short covering letter stating why you are suitable for this role to email@example.com.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Global editorial director
Limbic Digital Media
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position