Your.MD is an ambitious, venture-backed startup based in London. Our mission is to give everyone in the world high-quality, safe, free and personalised health information that is easy to understand. Our products use AI to understand a user’s health needs and provide them with trustworthy health information to give them appropriate advice.
In a new period of growth, Your.MD is now looking for an accomplished mid-to-senior level health writer to join its ambitious team. They will report to the head of content innovation and operations with a dotted line to Your.MD’s head of clinical innovation and operations. This newly-created role will be responsible for writing medically-accurate digital copy for the company’s editorial and marketing channels (blog, health advice library, Android & iOS apps and social media).
This is a full-time in-house role. If you join us, you’ll get to:
- Produce medically-accurate and SEO-friendly editorial content (articles, blogs and general copy) for our app, website and social media channels.
- Work closely with our in-house medical team to regularly craft new and informative health articles and condition summary cards.
- Dissect medical guidance and information and repurpose into easy to understand copy for a global audience, where English may not be the first language.
- Proofread all copy and messaging, ensuring that it adheres to brand and quality guidelines.
- Source appropriate imagery to accompany copy and disseminate content in a timely manner on the website and via key social media channels.
- Work as part of a dynamic team and carve your own space within a fluid working environment.
This is a mid-to-senior level role for a writer with at least 5 years of experience writing for an online or print publication. A background in health writing specifically would be extremely advantageous.
You must have:
- Excellent command of the English language - you should be obsessed with spelling and grammar but you also embrace new ways of using the language.
- 5 years’ proven experience in a journalist/writer role for an online publication or website.
- Advanced degree in English, journalism (including NCTJ qualification), life sciences, or any healthcare-related field.
- A good understanding of health/medical concepts and conditions.
Ideally, you will have some or all of the following:
- A self-motivated, pragmatic and innovative team-player.
- Creative versatility to produce a wide range of copy, from UX microcopy to email newsletters, blog posts and corporate messaging.
- An understanding of UI/UX and experience working with product designers and developers.
- Curiosity fuels your creativity: you enjoy figuring out how/what in your copy works or doesn’t and use that to craft even better messages.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- A keen desire to help others through your work.
You’ll receive a competitive salary with up to £50 monthly contribution to health & wellbeing activity of your choice and stock options.
You will get to work with an ambitious, highly talented and very friendly team in our Central London office.
How to apply:
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV, cover letter and 3 examples of your published work. Please note that we will not be able to consider applications submitted without all of the requested documents.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position