The role: Healthcare industry editor
The location: London
S&P Global Market Intelligence is seeking an industry editor for our London office. On a daily basis, you will edit news articles and features for accuracy, style and content, adhering to tight deadlines. You will help develop fresh story ideas; deliver sharp, concise content; and prioritize news coverage. As one of the team’s managers, you will also use your strong leadership skills to coach and mentor direct reports and team members in Europe and other locations around the world (the Philippines, Pakistan and India). You will suggest ways to improve our processes and coverage.
Our real-time, subscription-based news service reaches an influential readership of investment bankers and managers and other professionals in the global business community.
This position is part of the healthcare team, which offers timely coverage of the global healthcare and pharmaceuticals sector. Our content reaches an influential readership that includes leading global financial institutions. Our massive database, with comprehensive coverage of the market, regulatory and corporate data, offers ample opportunities to enhance and drive our reporting.
The career opportunity:
You will have a tremendous opportunity to grow personally and professionally in this role. Editors have the opportunity to take on direct reports and move up the career ladder to positions with increasing levels of responsibility. S&P Global Market Intelligence is unique in that it provides for growth not only within a sector, but also among other sectors within our newsroom or even other groups and cross-functional teams.
With more than 250 reporters and editors across five continents, our industry editors work every day with people from a wide variety of backgrounds, enabling us all to develop a close team dynamic with colleagues from around the globe.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field.
- Proven business journalism experience.
- Command of journalistic best practices (AP style, libel issues, etc.). Strong editing skills a must.
- Must be able to simultaneously manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Knowledge of the healthcare industry a big advantage.
- Experience of management is preferred.
- Must have an affinity for analysing numbers, using in-house data intelligence, financial reports and other industry information.
- Fluency in English necessary.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position