With demand for healthcare insight and ideas at an all-time high, Aspect Publishing is building a portfolio of exciting health-based magazines.
To help drive our development we are recruiting for a reporter to work across our global news patches.
You will have a remit to deliver engaging, exclusive news and features and become immersed in the subject area.
We are looking for people with NCTJ qualifications and some newspaper, magazine or digital journalism experience. This is an ideal opportunity for reporters looking to develop a highly sought-after specialism and build knowledge and expertise in a growth area of the media.
You will have access to the very latest storytelling tools and be part of a friendly team which seeks to provide world-class journalism to audiences online and in print. We are based in the North East of England but remote working is available - with some opportunities to travel to International industry events (Covid-dependent!).
This new role comes as part of our plans to grow the global audiences of our existing titles, and introduce new titles to our portfolio. Details of our existing publications are shown below. Prior knowledge of subject areas is not necessary. We are looking for story-hungry, enthusiastic journalists with news and features writing ability and a positive approach.
Our existing publications:
Neuro Rehab (NR) Times
NR Times is the magazine for all professionals involved in the care of people with brain and spinal conditions, including serious injury, MS, Parkinson's, MND and stroke. Topics of interest include technology, the socio-economic context, emerging therapies, research and patient stories. We reach audiences globally online and across the UK in print. Our journalists are required turn their hand to both research-based, often complex topics, and patient-led human interest stories.
Health Tech World
Health Tech World is for everyone with a professional interest in health technology. Our aim is to report on all aspects of new and future healthcare tech, bringing together news, opinion and analysis on key topics including AI, robotics, biomedicine and digital health. Our journalists are passionate about the power of tech to change lives.
Duties of the roles include:
- Interviewing healthcare and other professionals
- Writing news and features
- Liaising with advertisers to produce advertorial/sponsored content
- Using a CRM system and project management tools to collaborate with your colleagues
- Writing longer 'immersive storytelling' articles
- Managing your time independently
- Being personable, confident and professional in the presence of interviewees and clients
- Working to tight deadlines under pressure
- Utilising social media to help grow audience and share content
- Representing the company at events in the UK and overseas
- Experience in journalism and strong writing skills
- Able to adapt to different writing styles
- Strong communication skills
- Good organisational skills and knowledge of basic IT software
- Good interpersonal skills
- Confident working independently
- Hard working and determined
- Willing to make necessary changes to improve performance
- Social media experience
- Fully committed to the role, with no freelance distractions
While we are based near Newcastle upon Tyne, this can be a remote working role.
c£25k DoE - with opportunities to progress within the company into higher paid editorships.
Closing date: 23 June.
To apply email a CV and cover letter specifying which role you are applying for to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position