With demand for healthcare insight and ideas at an all-time high, Aspect Publishing is building a portfolio of exciting health-based magazines.
To help drive our development we are recruiting for two reporters, who will each take on one of our wide-ranging, diverse patches.
You will have a remit to deliver engaging, exclusive news and features and become immersed in the subject area.
We are looking for people with NCTJ qualifications and some newspaper or magazine journalism experience.
This is an opportunity to develop your career in a growth area of the media. You will have access to the very latest storytelling tools and be part of a friendly, journalist-led team based in our offices in Newcastle.
The two roles we are looking to fill are:
Reporter, Neuro Rehab (NR) Times
NR Times is the magazine for all professionals involved in the care of people with brain and spinal conditions, including serious injury, MS, Parkinson's, MND and stroke. Topics of interest include technology, the socio-economic context, emerging therapies, research and patient stories. We reach audiences globally online and across the UK in print. We are seeking a journalist who can turn their hand to both research-based, often complex topics, and patient-led human interest stories.
Reporter, Health Tech World
Health Tech World is for everyone with a professional interest in health technology. Our aim is to report on all aspects of new and future healthcare tech, bringing together news, opinion and analysis on key topics including AI, robotics, biomedicine and digital health. We are seeking a journalist who is interested in and passionate about the power of tech to change lives.
Duties of the roles include:
- Interviewing healthcare and other professionals
- Writing news and features
- Liaising with advertisers to produce advertorial/sponsored content
- Using a CRM system and project management tools to collaborate with your colleagues
- Writing longer 'immersive storytelling' articles
- Managing your time independently
- Being personable, confident and professional in the presence of interviewees and clients
- Working to tight deadlines under pressure
- Utilising social media to help grow audience and share content
- Representing the company at events in the UK and overseas
- Experience in journalism and strong writing skills
- Able to adapt to different writing styles
- Strong communication skills
- Good organisational skills and knowledge of basic IT software
- Good interpersonal skills
- Confident working independently
- Hard working and determined
- Willing to make necessary changes to improve performance
- Social media experience
- Fully committed to the role, with no freelance distractions
Our offices are in Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne. Remote working options will be provided in line with covid-19 restrictions. However we are looking for a candidate who is locally based who can work from the office. This is a full-time role.
£18,000, with opportunities to progress with the company
Closing date: 30th November.
To apply email a CV and cover letter specifying which role you are applying for to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Health Tech World / NR Times
11 Lansdowne Terrace
Newcastle upon Tyne
Tyne and Wear
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position