Recharge, the global energy transition news and analysis platform, seeks a standout journalist to join our international team to help develop our digital-first and magazine coverage of the rapidly expanding global hydrogen sector.
As the world races to reach net-zero emissions by 2050, hydrogen is being touted as the zero-carbon Swiss Army knife of the energy transition, capable of replacing fossil fuels in transport, heating, industry, power generation and more.
But the issue is highly controversial, with some regarding it as the key to defeating climate change, and others seeing it as little more than a scam being perpetrated by oil and gas companies and other "useful idiots". Yet governments worldwide are investing billions of dollars in building up new hydrogen economies.
Recharge is expanding its world-leading hydrogen coverage and is looking for a sharp, inquisitive and self-driven reporter to help our team make sense of this complex and rapidly developing sector.
The right candidate will:
Help improve Recharge's hydrogen offering through breaking news, analysis and long-read articles about every aspect of the H2 sector - from production, transportation and usage to new technology, politics, regulatory affairs and finance.
- Confidently write high-value news quickly and accurately.
- Deliver exclusives, big-picture analyses, features and commentary.
- Work with and learn from a small but mighty international editorial team.
- Create, curate and post articles online and on social media.
- Be willing to travel to international conferences.
What we are looking for
At least one year's experience of writing news and analysis for a digital platform; knowledge of hydrogen industry welcome, but not essential.
- Excellent news sense
- Strong English-language writing skills
- Ability to quickly craft a well-written insightful story
- Eager to learn
- Team player
- Hold a bachelor's degree
- Be available for international travel when required
- All Recharge editorial staff are required to conduct themselves with integrity, objectivity, dedication and professionalism becoming of a journalist working for a leading international industry publication.
What is in it for you?
- Excellent salary
- Private health insurance
- International travel
- A team of friendly, experienced journalists to learn from
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position