International Financial Law Review (IFLR) is hiring a reporter to be based in its London offices.
The B2B publication is a title of the Legal Media Group, part of Euromoney's NextGen division, covering corporate finance and regulatory news, trends and deals for a sophisticated audience of lawyers. We are looking to hire a self-starting, enthusiastic, results-driven journalist.
The primary function of the role is writing original, analytical news and deal pieces for IFLR's website and weekly newsletter. There is a lot of collaboration between journalists and editors both in the team and with other publications in the division, as well as with the events, marketing and sales teams.
This role requires regular interaction with your target market, and the successful candidate is expected to be out in the field every week meeting contacts (contingent on the current working conditions changing), attending industry events, chasing down leads and producing at least two articles per week.
- Pitch, report and write several engaging stories per week for IFLR's readership of in-house lawyers, private practitioners, regulators and policymakers;
- Stay abreast of the latest financial/regulatory news and analysis and understand how it impacts IFLR's audience;
- Develop and maintain good relationships with key members of the financial services and corporate advisory sector;
- Grow IFLR's presence in Europe by attending events and holding regular meetings online, in London and around the continent;
- Work with editorial team to help make IFLR content engaging, using alternative media where necessary;
- Promote content via social media, create loyalty and affinity for the IFLR brand.
The position requires:
- Sound knowledge of the financial markets and corporate/financial law;
- The ability and desire to learn about complex subjects quickly;
- Previous journalism experience;
- Knowledge of SEO and how to write for the web;
- Strong communication and language skills and storytelling ability;
- Excellent written and spoken English;
- Experience presenting content across both print and digital platforms.
About the company:
At NextGen, we are building the future of information services: transforming our portfolio of B2B publishing brands into a modern, global information business.
Our business serves professionals across the financial and professional services sector, covering markets such as banking, legal, and insurance.
We are a highly diversified business with services that support clients' market intelligence, business development, and workflow solutions, and more than 70 per cent of our revenue is recurring.
Across NextGen, we have more than 600 colleagues located in three main hubs, and customers in more than 150 countries.
Euromoney Institutional Investor is an international business-information group listed on the London Stock Exchange and a member of the FTSE 250 share index.
The reporter will specifically work within the editorial division of NextGen, which publishes market-leading information online and in print for in-house counsel, external practitioners and industry leaders in core practice areas including international tax, international financial law, intellectual property, and litigation/arbitration.
We pride ourselves on our entrepreneurial culture - enabling creative, action-oriented, and knowledgeable professionals to do their best work.
We also believe in autonomy, accountability, passion, and a sense of humour. For more information on the company and our strategy, please visit: https://www.euromoneyplc.com/about-us.
To apply for the role please email John Crabb at email@example.com with a CV and cover letter.
Euromoney Institutional Investor
International Financial Law Review
8 Bouverie Street
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position