S&P Global Market Intelligence seeks an editor with a passion for financial news and journalism.
The EMEA Financials news team includes London-based reporters and editors, as well as journalists in mainland Europe, India, Pakistan and the Philippines. You will also interact with other members of S&P Global Market Intelligence's wider global news team. You will be surrounded by experienced journalists and analysts committed to accuracy, fairness, timeliness and relevancy. It's a fast-paced newsroom environment that is congenial and professional.
You will generate news content (primarily editing but some writing) on the Europe, Middle East and Africa banking and financial services industries. Our real-time, subscription-based news service reaches an influential readership that includes investment bankers, buy- and sell-side teams, C-suite professionals and regulators. Our massive database of market, regulatory and corporate data offers ample opportunities to enhance and drive our news content.
We comb through regulatory filings, attend top industry events and monitor market trends to bring readers the information they need to know. Our comprehensive and timely news gathering operation, combined with our enterprise journalism, creates a unique news source essential to any sector-focused professional.
In this role, you will help shape our daily content by developing fresh story ideas and delivering sharp, concise content using in-house data sources, while curating and prioritising news coverage. You will edit news articles covering a range of topics, including M&A, capital markets activity and regulation, with a sharp focus on accuracy, and to tight deadlines. The ideal candidate will have management experience and industry knowledge, and will love to brainstorm story ideas and thrive on collaboration.
What's in it for you:
- Explore a highly rewarding career path with room for professional growth, recognition and rewards
- Utilise our extensive database of market, regulatory and corporate data to enrich your ability to deliver high-quality news
- Brainstorm with colleagues who share deep knowledge and passion about the sectors they cover
- Enjoy a competitive benefits package, including annual, performance-driven bonuses
- Help reporters and data journalists craft and execute story pitches
- Help with news planning by proactively finding/developing story ideas
- Edit a mix of breaking news, longer-form stories and data-driven analyses
- Collaborate with Data Journalists to find ways to incorporate data into stories, driving our news beyond the headlines
- Collaborate with Production team to craft creative infographics and visuals
- Coach and mentor team members, including direct management responsibilities
- Help coordinate and manage a team of freelance writers
What we're looking for:
Basic qualifications and experience:
- Strong editing skills and a strong command of journalistic practices (AP style, libel issues, etc.)
- Experience editing in a professional capacity
- An affinity for analysing numbers, using in-house data intelligence, financial reports and other industry information
- Effective communication skills: You will need to be able to deliver feedback effectively to reporters across the globe
- Strong spoken and written English skills
Preferred qualifications and experience:
- Business journalism experience
- Experience covering the EMEA financial sector a big advantage
- Experience working with remote teams
- Reporting background ideally
- Fluency in another European language would be an advantage
*Candidates will need to pass in-house editing test prior to interviews with the hiring team.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position