We are looking for an information and communications officer who will be leading on information gathering and communications to support a small team of experts. This role involves engaging with a variety of external stakeholders to collate information, analyse data and prepare technical/policy papers as well as communications/media related reports.
This role offers excellent experience of being part of a thriving British food sector while working across a range of projects including poultry production, antibiotic stewardship, international trade, managing public perception and attracting young people into the sector. You’ll play a pivotal role in delivering BPC’s internal and external communications; help manage BPC’s social media presence; and put together impactful reports.
- Undertaking good quality research and gathering information on a range of policy and communications areas
- Supporting the production and design of high-quality communications materials including reports, research papers, presentations and collating media coverage
- Assisting in the preparation, compilation and distribution of briefings, speeches, press releases and newsletters
- Curating content, preparing interactive quotographics and managing BPC’s website and social media channels
- Engaging with internal and external stakeholders to strengthen relationships and gathering information on key subjects. This includes conducting face-to-face/phone interviews, collating facts and figures, analysing data and feeding into BPC’s briefings and reports
- Maintaining a strong database of BPC’s stakeholders and key contacts
- Working closely with the Technical Director and Public Affairs & PR Manager to deliver any additional duties as and when required
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline, preferably communications
- At least one years’ work experience in information gathering/communications related positions or projects. The work experience may be gained through a combination of paid employment or internship positions
- Evidence of ability to grasp complex issues and engage with these effectively through research
- Experience of conducting robust web research
- Experience of using content management systems and social media
- Ability to communicate effectively – in writing and in person to a range of audiences
- Experience of quantitative and qualitative data analysis, including of large data sets, using Excel
- Demonstrated drive and initiative, a self-starter with a can-do attitude
- Ability to work autonomously and in small teams
£25,000 - £35,000 (depending on experience) and benefits that include a pension scheme, private medical insurance, and generous holiday allowance.
How to apply:
Please send a CV and optional cover letter to email@example.com
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position