The role: We are seeking an experienced financial journalist to cover the European insurance and reinsurance markets, including listed and unlisted U.K. and Continental European insurers and the Lloyd’s of London market.
The impact: The successful candidate will be based in London and have primary responsibility for European insurance coverage, and will work with other parts of the global newsroom to produce comprehensive coverage of global insurance for an audience including C-level executives, analysts, investors and industry professionals. Responsibilities include breaking news coverage, insightful analysis and data-driven reporting using our rich portfolio of proprietary data.
The career opportunity: The successful candidate will join the EMEA Financial Institutions Group team with opportunities for global collaboration, editorial leadership development and career advancement within S&P Global Market Intelligence and other parts of S&P Global. In the spirit of continuous learning, the newsroom also offers extensive workshops to deepen industry knowledge and other development support, such as a mentorship program, to broaden your horizon.
The team: The EMEA Financial Institutions Group news team comprises roughly 25 reporters, editors and writers in London, Paris, India, Pakistan and Manila, producing coverage of not only insurers, but also banks and other financial services companies. The team is part of the larger Financial Institutions Group covering our sector’s hot news in the Americas and Asia. Our portfolio includes day-to-day coverage of company news and events, breaking news reporting and features, and follow-up coverage offering unique insight and analysis.
• Generate ideas to write concise and insightful analysis of breaking news and broader industry trends, to daily and weekly deadlines.
• Leverage S&P Global Market Intelligence data and use this and other information to create visuals and tell compelling stories.
• Develop high-level sources throughout the European insurance and reinsurance industries.
• Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, including across S&P Global’s portfolio of businesses.
• Attend and report on industry events in London and elsewhere, including the annual Monte Carlo reinsurance conference.
• Mentor and motivate more junior colleagues.
• English fluency is required. Knowledge of at least one other major European language is highly desirable.
• Financial journalism experience is required, and insurance sector experience is preferred.
• An ability to work to tight deadlines is a must.
• Experience writing for a discerning professional audience is desirable.
• Experience of digital, data-driven journalism is highly desirable.
To apply, please send your CV, cover letter and three samples of recent work to S&P Global Market Intelligence. Successful candidates will need to pass in-house writing test prior to interviews with the team.