Applications will only be considered from people who are eligible to work in the UK.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the communications team of one of the most recognised companies in the UK. You’ll be working as part of a busy, hard-working team for a fast-moving business.
We are looking for adynamic, proactive and talented internal communication manager with at least three years’ experience.
Your primary responsibility will be to devise strategy and campaigns across different areas of the business, managing content and planning across an extensive range of channels, and maintaining relationships with senior executives. You will also have strong writing skills.
Reporting into the head of internal communications, you’ll be comfortable switching between different projects and handling multiple tasks.
This is an excellent opportunity to help shape the communication of a business that is undergoing considerable change, for someone who thrives under pressure.
· To develop effective internal communications for different areas of the business
· Be a trusted advisor on internal communications for senior management, and foster trust and awareness from senior stakeholders
· Build strong relationships and develop tailored communications solutions for your audience
· Managing multiple stakeholders and translating often complex business priorities into plain language
· Write accurate, high-quality content across various digital and traditional channels, as well as scripts and briefs for executives and the CEO
· Commission and oversee development of high-profile communication campaigns.
Experience and understanding:
· At least three years’ internal communications experience, ideally working in a large organisation
· A relationship builder with proven stakeholder management skills
· Experience of translating business strategy into plain language for an operational frontline audience
· Experience of working in a pressurised corporate environment
· Understanding of IT software and systems, including the ability to upload stories on content management systems.
Skills and capabilities:
· Industry-recognised qualification in communication or journalism, degree-level qualification, or equivalent
· Good verbal communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to produce persuasive communication
· Creative flair, proven project management skills, excellent attention to detail and strong organisational skills
· Capable of prioritising your workload to manage more than one task.
· Enthusiasm, drive and a flexible, can-do attitude to working across a range of channels and projects, as required.
Please send your CV and a brief covering letter, telling us why you are perfect for the role, to firstname.lastname@example.org
No agencies please. AB Publishing is an equal opportunities employer.
Subscribe to our daily (Mon-Fri) email job alerts to get more jobs like this and/or follow @journalism_jobs on Twitter.