The Energy Year is a provider of business intelligence, strategic communications and networking for the global energy industry through its online platforms and a series of annual print publications.
We are looking for dynamic, energetic and creative people to promote The Energy Year's flagship products and are offering highly attractive entry-level compensation packages, but the sky is the limit for successful candidates.
You will be based overseas for 11 months a year in one of more than 30 destinations, meeting top-level business executives and gathering in-depth information on the oil and gas industry.
You will receive intensive training and continuous on-the-job development and support from our HQ team, whose combined years of experience will give you the skills, knowledge and confidence to succeed on the global stage.
Please keep in mind that this job is for people who are willing to travel and relocate to countries in the world throughout the year.
- BA or MA in international relations, economics, energy, journalism or communications
- One to three years of relevant work experience
- Fluent in both written and spoken English (with additional languages such as Spanish, French or Portuguese a major plus)
- Results-driven, ambitious, energetic, flexible
- Conducting business interviews with executives and government leaders
- Researching companies
- Keeping updated on local industry events and trends
- Developing content, following up on interview transcriptions
- Working abroad 11 months of the year
- Attending exhibitions, conferences, and other PR activities
What we offer:
- An attractive compensation package, including health insurance, work expenses, accommodation, communication and travel
- Training and fast-track promotion to mid-level team member and subsequently to project director
- The opportunity to meet world leaders, senior government officials, CEOs and influential contacts worldwide
What we are looking for:
- Hard-working candidates who can work effectively within a team
- Excellent adaptability to an international environment with adaptability to cultures and customs
- An ambitious, results-driven, competitive self-starter
- Year-round availability and flexibility to live anywhere in the world for three to five months at a time
- Excellent personal and professional presentation
- Can meet demanding deadlines and keep a cool head under pressure
Human resources director
The Energy Year
The Energy Year
108-110 Finchley Road
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position