We are now hiring for an Interview Producer in Istanbul.
The Interview Producer is an editorial position, filled by those responsible for contributing guest interviews to TRT World programs. Interview Producers are responsible for ensuring that TRT World’s coverage of news events include the most interesting and relevant voices on global news stories.
- Participate in regular editorial meetings to identify topics for interview segments
- Book suitable guests for daily programs and breaking news events
- Research interview topics and individual guests
- Produce background briefs for presenters and program teams
- Maintain a strong personal contacts while building and maintaining TRT World's guest Rolodex
- Keep abreast of local, national, and international current events, as well as online news sources
- May be required to writes news copy and scripts to accompany pieces, and use newsroom desktop editing technology to cut pictures and interview clips.
KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Experience in guest booking in international news
- An excellent contacts book and proven experience of delivering guests interviews.
- An inquisitive mind, good telephone manner and ability to convince guests to appear.
- Capable of creatively developing interviews that will inform and engage audiences.
- Ability to coordinate with multiple department so secure logistical bookings
- Must be capable of working long hours, including early mornings, late nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in television news required
To proceed with your application please click the "Apply Online" button below