Engineering & Technology is an award-wining magazine with one of the highest circulations of any B2B magazines in the UK.
Its print magazine, website and app cover subjects ranging from sustainable energy, HS2 and driverless cars to artificial intelligence, cybersecurity and the internet of things.
Our readership of 150,000 professional engineers receive E&T magazine as part of their membership of the Institution of Engineering & Technology, the largest organisation of its type in Europe.
We are looking for an experienced investigative reporter to research and write exclusive news and features for E&T, reporting directly to the editor-in-chief.
Experience of covering the engineering and technology industry is an advantage but not essential. A track record in uncovering exclusive news stories is essential.
- Education to at least degree level, or equivalent
- Trained and experienced journalist
- Portfolio demonstrating experience in researching and writing investigative, exclusive articles for national or specialist newspapers, magazines, books and/or websites
- Extensive experience in writing for industry or business publications.
- Excellent contacts in engineering and technology industries that go beyond public relations contacts.
- Ability to understand technical material and to produce clear and accurate English, to the highest editorial standards, with meticulous attention to accuracy and details.
- Knowledge of industry-standard editorial techniques and conventions
- Educated to degree level, or equivalent, in a science or engineering subject
- Knowledge of an additional language
- Awards for exclusive articles in trade press
- Familiarity with social media channels to promote news and as a research tool
- Experience and enthusiasm for experimenting with new digital technologies relevant to news provision.
- Data journalism skills
How to apply:
To proceed with your application please click the "Apply Online" button below
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position