At invstr we’re making finance social by democratising access to financial information and empowering everyone to take charge of their financial lives by providing the education, resources and opportunity to become real investors.
We are doing this through a micro-investing app that allows everyone to learn about the financial markets in a fun and safe way.
We have received various Fintech awards including “Most Innovative Finance App” by Corporate LiveWire, and dubbed the “Facebook of Finance” by the Daily Telegraph.
We continue to receive excellent validation in the press across notable broadsheets, TV and trade press.
The writer will work closely with the rest of the Invstr team to create, publish and redistribute relevant content, and to plan and execute a working editorial.
The writer will craft both in-app and social media channel outlet content including: a daily newsletter and top story commentary; the Invstr community’s market sentiment; and re-post and comment on relevant third party news content.
He or she will understand how to leverage long and short form copy, imagery, infographics, video and audio to promote our message.
The ideal candidate will be a confident person who, most likely, has recently graduated, has an interest in investing, has some experience of the financial markets (internships), preferably as a copywriter / reporter, and is eager to work in the exciting world of Fintech.
- Write long, mid and short form copy for the invstr platform and onward engagement through social, websites & newsletter distribution channels
- Write a daily ‘Morning Brief’ and short ‘Hot Stories’ copy through the day, published through the Invstr app and newsletter, web blog and redistributed in whole or segmented through various social media channels
- Publish market-relevant polls
- Create, edit, publish and syndicate content extrapolated from Invstr’s unique community-driven market insights through social media platforms, the Invstr newsletter and syndicated channels
- Create, edit and publish content promoting Invstr’s corporate messaging through press releases, the Invstr Blog and across all social media platforms: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube and others
- Work with contributors to editorially guide creative, relevant, up to date content and optimised copy on the Invstr app, and blog.
- Monitor and be aware of the performance of the digital content and make recommendations for improving effectiveness.
- Support and develop long-term editorial plans.
- Work with management and analysts to identify and recommend relevant copy category and audience segment targets
- Use of WordPress, Hootsuite and MailChimp.
- University degree or equivalent
- 1-2 years’ financial markets experience (through internships)
- Ability to take the initiative and to work proactively
- Social media channel distribution experience
- Fintech industry knowledge a positive advantage
- Be comfortable and interested learning about emerging trends in digital communications
Personality traits and culture:
- Open, loves business, responsible and accountable, confident and courageous
This means candidates must have:
- Openness towards people, new ideas and sharing of expertise – a belief that good ideas can come from anywhere regardless of job title or hierarchy. They must promote an environment where ideas flow and expertise is shared
- They must take ownership of everything they are involved in, helping empower their teams so they can do the same. This must include creating a learning culture where each team member is always building his or her skills and knowledge.
- They must take a keen interest in invstr’s vision and the role each staff member plays in driving it.
- They must create a fun environment where thinking differently is celebrated and enjoyed. They should encourage bold thinking and support those who are trying to evolve the way we think about and deliver work.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position