We have a vacancy in London for a reporter to join the online editorial team behind our Funds Insider and Investment Trust Insider websites. We are looking for someone who can write clearly and quickly and who is committed to helping investors understand financial markets and funds. This opportunity is open to journalists with financial reporting experience and graduates with a demonstrable interest and knowledge of investment. We will provide training for the candidate with the qualities we need.
Funds Insider provides news and analysis to help private investors buy the best funds for their ISAs and pensions and has recently shot to prominence through its coverage of the Neil Woodford scandal. Sister website Investment Trust Insider serves private and professional investors with news and analysis on the UK’s unique £155 billion investment company sector.
- Report breaking news about investment funds and fund managers;
- Interview fund managers about their funds and investments;
- Write analytical features on fund performance and portfolios;
- Develop and maintain investment contacts to find exclusive stories;
- Keep up to date with City and stock market developments affecting investors.
What you’ll need:
- An understanding and interest in financial markets and investing;
- Ability to ‘think like an investor’ and produce content relevant to investors;
- Skill to write clear, concise copy to tight daily deadlines;
- Relevant experience of online news reporting, especially related to finance
Citywire will offer you:
- 25 days holiday per annum (rising to 28 days after three years’ service followed by 30 days after five years’ service) plus bank holidays,
- Competitive private pension scheme,
- Well-being: access to an independent Employee Assistance Programme available 24/7,
- Buddy-team lunches: you will be introduced to Citywire by one of our members of the team and will take you out for lunch during your first 6 months with us. It's all on us!
- Subsidised gym options. We will help with your monthly costs.
- Country walks: enjoy a day outdoors every summer with different members of Citywire. A great time to enjoy the good weather and engage with colleagues.
- Cycle to work scheme and annual ticket travel card loans.
- Techscheme, which lets staff buy the latest tech through their employer. Employees can spread the cost with payments from their salary across 12, 24 or 36 months and make a National Insurance saving too.
- After two years continuous service you will also have access to private health and dental care insurance, group income protection, critical illness cover and group life assurance.
- On top of this…! We have a personal trainer who runs workout sessions during lunchtime twice a week in the park, a masseuse who visits every month, as well as freshly ground coffee, fruit, breakfast and nuts to help yourself to daily.
If you feel like the right candidate for this job, please do not hesitate to apply by clicking the "Apply Online" button below
There is more information in our Youtube channel where we say a lot about us: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMOUK4uLN7yZU8j79l4zcg
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position