We have a vacancy in London for a reporter to join the online editorial team behind our Funds Insider and Investment Trust Insider websites.
We are looking for someone who can write clearly and quickly and who is committed to helping investors understand financial markets and funds.
This opportunity is open to journalists with financial reporting experience and graduates with a demonstrable interest and knowledge of investment. We will provide training for the candidate with the qualities we need.
Funds Insider provides news and analysis to help private investors buy the best funds for their ISAs and pensions. It shot to prominence with its coverage of the Neil Woodford scandal in 2019.
Sister website Investment Trust Insider serves both private and professional investors. It is the leading provider of news and analysis of the UK's unique £155 billion investment company sector. The investment content of both websites also appears on Citywire's two other UK websites, Wealth Manager and New Model Adviser.
- Report breaking news about investment funds and fund managers;
- Interview fund managers about their funds and investments;
- Write analytical features on fund performance and portfolios;
- Develop and maintain investment contacts to find exclusive stories;
- Keep up to date with City and stock market developments affecting investors.
Job specific skills / technical skills / profile
- An understanding and interest in financial markets and investing;
- Ability to 'think like an investor' and produce content relevant to investors;
- Skill to write clear, concise copy to tight daily deadlines;
- Relevant experience of online news reporting, especially related to finance
Who we are
Citywire is a leading global provider of independent intelligence and insight about asset management. Our events, news, technology and analysis inform asset managers, investors and intermediaries around the world about the changing shape of a $75 trillion industry that channels the investments of millions of individuals, businesses and institutions.
Having a common set of values sets the tone of everything we do and how we do it. These values should feel intuitive and natural - conversely not supporting these values is a serious problem!
Honesty, integrity, fairness and respect are four core values. We can and should disagree with one another, in the interests of getting the right answer. Arguments for truth, not ego. We should always focus on sustainability at every level of the company.
Excelling at your job will contribute to high performance at Citywire. You should have a continuous and constructive spoken dialogue with your manager about your performance, with particular reference to these behaviours: A positive approach; collaborating with colleagues; a make it happen attitude.
We offer a competitive salary and additional company benefits:
- 25 days' holiday per annum (rising to 28 days after three years' service followed by 30 days after five years' service) plus bank holidays,
- Competitive private pension scheme,
- Well-being: access to an independent Employee Assistance Programme available 24/7,
- Well-being activities and subsidised gym options. We will help with your monthly costs.
- Cycle-to-work scheme and annual ticket travel card loans.
- Techscheme, which lets staff buy the latest tech through their employer. Employees can spread the cost with payments from their salary across 12 months and make a National Insurance saving too.
After two years' continuous service you will also have access to private health and dental care insurance, group income protection, critical illness cover and group life assurance.
On top of this…! We have a personal trainer who runs virtual workout sessions during lunchtime weekly.
Please do not miss our Youtube channel where we say a lot about us: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMOUK4uLN7yZU8j79l4zcg
* Please note all our benefits are based on a regular office operations situation. Some of them may not be applicable until the UK resumes normal business operations.
Pre-selected applicants will have to undertake 2 psychometrics tests.
Interviews will take place via Zoom/Teams.
Citywire is an equal opportunities employer.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position