Global Fund Media - a fast-growing and evolving information provider for private equity and hedge fund professionals - is seeking a talented journalist/ analyst with experience writing about alternative investments to cover the private equity industry.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a genuine interest in alternative investments, knowledge of industry events and characteristics, and a passion for writing engaging copy. Ideally, they will have experience writing about private equity, but we are also interested to hear from capable hedge fund journalists/analysts eager to explore a related market.
In the role, they will produce, and help develop, a new series of punchy, short-form insight articles to be read by senior PE and VC executives across the world. Grounded in industry data, their work will capture emerging and established trends, and take a more investigative angle, revealing the inside story behind people moves, launches and key deals.
The role is also a chance to join a progressive information business at the start of an exciting rebrand and expansion, and to work with a dynamic and experienced group of journalists, analysts, technologists, and digital marketers. The company - based in central London, with plans to open an office in New York - also has a growing schedule of events in the UK and the US attended by hundreds of high-profile industry figures.
This opportunity would suit second jobbers looking to take the next step, and experienced editors or analysts looking to throw themselves back into writing.
All candidates should be able to provide published writing examples (ideally related to the role), have an analytical mind, the ability to think laterally, present themselves in a professional, engaging manner, and bring an entrepreneurial mindset to the table.
Key features of the role include:
- Flexible working from home arrangements and central London office
- Competitive salary dependent on experience and a range of new employee benefits within a progressive, entrepreneurial business
- Writing regular, short-form analysis articles (approx. 500 words p/article)
- Scheduling and conducting regular interviews with senior private equity figures
- The opportunity to travel and attend industry events
- Working with, and reporting to, the head of private equity insight as they manage and develop the company's wider private equity content
- Working with the head of data content to source relevant data for articles
- Contributing to the team's longer-form insight content, primarily research reports, and taking the lead on the occasional report
- Generating ideas and topics for new articles, reports, infographics, and initiatives
- The opportunity to present the results of research and investigations at industry events, and to moderate panels and webinars
Director of content
Global Fund Media
Private Equity Wire
25 Procter Street
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position