IDG is looking for an editorial copywriter to join our successful and growing content marketing business. The successful candidate will work across our portfolio of business and technology brands, in partnership with our blue chip enterprise IT and consumer technology clients, and the award-winning editorial teams of publications including Computerworld, CIO, Tech Advisor, and Macworld.
Experience writing about business and technology is preferred, but we are primarily looking for writing and editing talent, inquisitiveness, enthusiasm to engage with clients and industry, and a willingness to learn and share ideas.
Please note that this is a contract position (3-6 months), with the opportunity for extension. If you are interested, send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Key responsibilities for the journalist/marketing copywriter:
- Write, proof, edit and publish co-branded, custom and sponsored editorial content across multiple channels including our branded websites.
- Build relationships with key client stakeholders.
- Work closely with IDG’s internal and external content and social strategists, designers, project managers and videographers to deliver on content marketing projects.
- Leverage data and insights to drive and optimise content production and performance.
- Oversee administrative tasks for external content resources (invoices, contracts etc.).
- Moderate/host podcasts/webcasts/videos (training can be provided if required).
Key skills and experience needed for the copywriter role:
- 2-3+ years’ experience in a relevant role, overseeing content creation.
- Experience producing insight-driven content across multiple channels including digital, social and native platforms.
- Ability to build relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Strong eye for detail.
- Experience in or interest in B2B technology journalism and content marketing.
- Strong knowledge of content management systems and related tools.
- Good understanding of best-practice editorial SEO, outreach, reporting and presenting.
IDG is the world's leading technology media, data and marketing services company. We influence the most powerful tech buyers in the world — from business technologists to enthusiasts and everyone in between. This role is primarily based in and around our central London office, but there is the opportunity for remote and home working. IDG is committed to promoting diversity and inclusion within our team throughout our business locations worldwide.
To find out more, visit https://www.idg.co.uk.
Senior director of content
101 Euston Road
Tel: +44 (0)20 7756 2870
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position