Momentum Media is one of the fastest growing media businesses in Australia and is highly awarded for its media brands, events, innovation and journalism.
We connect audiences to news, features, insights and events they can’t live without, making them better informed and connected to the industries they are part of.
We have opportunities for a talented journalists seeking adventure overseas to join our editorial team here in Sydney to cover the Finance and Real Estate or Defence/Space industries.
You will investigate, write and file cross-platform content that is accurate and timely, compelling to the target audience and that is consistent with brand/title style and voice.
You’ll use your industry knowledge and journalistic experience to create opportunities for interviews, podcasts and features to produce content across different mediums, reaching our audience across multiple channels.
Working with a high amount of autonomy you will influence the flow, identity and production of the publications you contribute to.
Specifically, you will;
- File great copy at or before deadline which addresses audience expectations and needs
- Produce daily bulletins
- Regularly propose editorial ideas, news angles and feature suggestions
- Apply best practice search engine optimisation (SEO) for all digital content
- Contribute to podcasts on-air and by finding guests for interview
- Build a personal network of professional contacts and sources which you leverage for news and information
- Attend relevant industry events, promoting the brand/title and sourcing new sources and editorial content
You will have between two to five years' experience writing for a business or media platform gained through a mixture of employment and internships plus qualifications in journalism.
Through this experience you will be able to navigate the demands, cycles, tools and systems that make up a modern newsroom, delivering content for print and digital platforms.
You'll be an enthusiastic self-starter who can work independently and, importantly, is not afraid of hard work.
Above all, you will be motivated to learn and be immersed in a subject area to become a thought leader in the industry you report on.
Like all Momentum Media people, you will be curious, positive, resilient and driven to find new ways to make our business grow.
- A sponsored opportunity to work in glorious Sydney (it really is a fantastic place!)
- Be part of a dynamic, growing business where your input is encouraged
- Modern office with a vibrant, dynamic workplace culture
- Opportunity for travel and participation in key industry events.
Visit www.momentummedia.com.au/careers and submit your CV and cover letter addressing your suitability for this role.
You must have a relevant Bachelors Degree or higher, plus at least 2 years of relevant employment experience to be shortlisted for this role.
Successful candidates will be contacted for an initial phone screen interview.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position