An experienced, qualified journalist with strong social media management is sought to join a fast-paced team developing corporate female-focused articles where quality, speed and accuracy are key.
This work-from-home position will suit someone set up to operate from their own home office, looking to work a regular 20 or 30 hours per week (business hours, with flexibility of start and finish time) as part of a small, remote working team. Alternatively, 2 positions can be recruited to cover the hours. The successful candidate is ideally based close to Greater London (although this is negotiable).
Writing articles for the wherewomenwork.com and internationalwomensday.com websites and promoting via the social media feeds, your role is to engage female audiences in interesting topics and news relating to prime employers for women, equality issues, celebrating women's achievements, and topical news stories.
Regular phone and email contact with clients discussing content schedules and angles on a regular basis is a key part of this role - as is social media monitoring, posting and assistance with its overall management.
- writing engaging online content articles, with strong awareness of SEO
- collating and managing content from stakeholders
- identifying exciting angles from provided content to write engaging pieces
- content planning and scheduling
- strong social media management including Tweetdeck, Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, Instagram, Youtube
- writing digital communications like newsletters would be advantageous
- good proficiency in Adobe Photoshop is required for image editing
- building and managing client relationships
- using CRM systems to document client notes and workflow
- responding to sales enquiries if required
- you enjoy writing engaging online copy, and can do so at a good pace (multiple articles daily)
- you're comfortable interacting with clients at all levels
- you're super organised with social media monitoring and scheduling
- you've strong image editing skills in Adobe Photoshop and have your own license
- maybe you've worked in a marketing agency on digital campaigns
- you work well independently, keeping on task and schedule
- you're a strategic, well-organised, delivery-focused person
- you can successfully prioritise a busy workload and enjoy a structured role
- you have a strong can-do attitude and are a great communicator
- you're a quick learner and take pride in your work
- you're flexible and adaptable when directions may need to change
- you're great at self-managing and taking initiative
- your thoroughness and attention to detail are impressive
Cover letter contents:
Please submit a cover letter with your CV summarising:
- how you've applied the above strengths in previous roles
- best examples for some of your online articles
- description of your "home office" working environment
- ideal work days and hours
- your salary expectation (hourly rate)
- ideal start date
- whether you are looking for full-time or part-time
Please do not delay in applying for this role!
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position